From IVP Wiki
JTM-Denver: Closing commitments
- Nourishing community engagement is journalism's bedrock purpose.
- We are committed to putting engagement at the center of our work.
- We choose to produce diverse, healthy, fresh news that nurtures community to conversation or action.
- We collaborate in the interest of our communities.
- Community matters; professionals matter.
- Readers are first citizens and community members, then consumers.
- We foster collaboration among the community of journalists covering local issues.
- We will be open minded in pursuing truth despite personal beliefs or existing societal story lines including dissemination of existing story lines and a willingness to be surprised and dig deeper.
- We are mapping our news ecosystem
- A health news ecology is engaged and collaborative.
- Make curiosity endure.
- Train anyone who will listen.
- We encourage media practictions who will engage themselves in all segments of their communities (however defined) in varied ways to strengthen the fabrics of those communities and a democratic society of making informed decisions.
- As we head home, we are continuing the conversation together on JTM's new platform by creating opportunities to participate in online live meetings, web forums and a collective question bank to tap into our synergistic energy and shape the future of our news ecology.