From IVP Wiki
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 03:44:29 +0000
From: Ben Huh <email@example.com>
Subject: Chuck and Ben's discussion
Ben's notes of the conversation, confirmed by Chuck:
- We believe that journalism requires a "format change". We don't know what the new format is, but we want to experiment.
- Mobile will be a huge disruptor and a second wave of challenges in both monetization and distribution/audience.
- We see this coming disruption as an opportunity, but we need more than one organization to tackle this and get to success.
- We're looking for organizations who want to discuss and tackle the format change with us.
- The technology that will power the format change is not yet created and is a big hurdle for new orgs.
- Not all news orgs will support this idea as it will "move the cheese" and require a massive cultural shift of how journalists think about their jobs.
We discussed the contents of following posts: