From IVP Wiki
Values for stakeholders/questions -- advertising
- Legal conformance (may requires laws that don’t exist)
- Bottom-up approach – consumer has opt in and control over the information they reveal – how it is used. With context.
- How? Some type of non-profit entity, maybe a standards organization, an enforceable ombudsman that speaks for the consumer. ISO? NST?
- Reality – state law will move faster than federal law. Federal will emerge from it.
- Should be proactive efforts now by organizations and technologists and journalists to socialize what is being said so laws don’t get created that cause more harm than good.
- Transparency as much as possible with consumers. Trust fundamental to making system work.
- -- Connect payment by advertisers to the content consumers and to the media rep/the newspaper channel collecting the information.
- -- Tech realities to include:
- -- Micropayments
- -- Direct channels to groups
- -- Needs to work with existing systems (blogs, social networks)
- -- Has to be trusted, opt-in system