From IVP Wiki
Values for stakeholders -- content
One groups' definition of the InfoValet:
A centralized place at which news proviers can exchange with each other and with users things about value, relationships, reputation, information and even money.
Key points raised
- Figure out a definition of content
- Movement of news as process rather than product
- How do you have transactions around it?
- Defining the role of journalists and journalism
- Define the InfoValet (Howard’s definition)
- Centralized place in which news providers could exchange with each other and with users things about value, relationships, reputation, information and even money. Examples:
- A common registration platform – instead of many registration sites, one place where they register which gives them access to many different sites and registration information as value to all the sites that participate.
- Example: A PayPal like setup where if they pay for low-rate content they don’t have to enter their credit card over and over again. Simplicity.
- Example: Common place to sign up for text message or emails.
- Common set of ethical standards.
- Information exchange on the backend among participants